Our 2025 Vision
Reading School will be 900 years old in 2025. Our vision for 2025 is that Reading School will be recognised as world class school, a world leader in the education of young people aged 11 to 18.
Reading School is already regarded as one of the leading state secondary schools in the UK, listed in the Top 10 State Secondary Schools by the Sunday Times. Our students' examination results, their university destinations, and ultimately their professional careers, are proof that we already provide a great education and preparation for life.
However, we want more for our students. We also want them to be recognised for their leadership skills, the excellence of their achievements, their integrity, and their contribution to the school and to the wider community. In other words, we want them to have a level of social and emotional maturity that will enable them to become truly inspiring leaders.
In order to help them get there, we need to invest in the school so that we can: -
- Provide students with the opportunities for enrichment and leadership skills that will augment their academic achievements
- Improve school facilities to a standard that will enable us to continue to deliver the highest quality education
- Strengthen the skills of our staff at all levels, so that they can support students academically and pastorally
- Build a strong school community, including students, staff, parents, alumni, and other supporters who will share our world class vision
- Share good practice with other schools, and learn from others, both nationally and internationally
In recent years we have:
- Created a new refectory to serve healthy snacks and meals to our pupils which has also become a social hub of the school
- Refurbished the Computer Science suite
- Renovated the Lecture Theatre to provide seating for 72, a venue to provide teaching of larger sets of pupils as well as hosting visiting speakers for our Inspire Lectures
- recently opened 'The Philip Mitchell Science Centre' crucially improving the facilities for Biology and Chemistry Laboratories, providing our pupils with a total of 7 new laboratories, together with improved preparation facilities
Our current focus is on:
- the improvement of our teaching facilities
- providing more recreational facilities for our pupils
- extending our Co-Curricular Programme
You can find out more about our plans and how you can help by emailing email@example.com.